The one beautiful thing about living alone is, you can listen to whatever music you like without worrying about irritating someone or having them judge you for your odd taste.
Since I am broke, I like to find free hobbies. Lately, I have been hooked on making playlists on Spotify. It is amazing how many they let you have for their free version, unlike Iheart. So, I made all kinds of playlists and found some cool new music to listen too in the process.
Even tho I am a witch, I still love Christmas, heck it was not even a Christian holiday at first, one of these days I will post the real history behind it. Lately, I started listening to my Christmas playlist, I started listening to it around July. I mean some people listen to Irish music all the time(St. Patrick’s Day) and some listen to Halloweeny(is that a word?) music all the time, so why not Christmas music? Like one of the songs says…”Why can’t every day be like Christmas?”, mainly cause we can not afford it. lol But we can listen to the music. Christain songs drive me nuts, so I made a playlist with non Christain songs, and you would be surprised by how many there are. Here are 25 songs, not in any particular order.
- The Grinch who Stole Christmas(My fav)
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
- Frosty the Snowman
- Silver and Gold(from Rudolph)
- Silver Bells
- Sleigh Ride
- I’ll be Home for Christmas
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
- Deck the Halls
- Jingle Bells
- Jingle Bell Rock
- Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
- It’s a Marshmallow World
- Hard Candy Christmas
- Christmas Cookies(George Strait)
- Merry Christmas Strait to You(George Strait)
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Mele Kalikimaka(Merry Christmas)
- Little Jack Frost Get Lost (Seth MacFarlane – my newest obsession)
- I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
- Pretty Paper(Willie Nelson)
- Santa Clause is Coming to Town
- Christmas in New Orleans (Louis Armstrong) (bucket list)
- Christmas Island(Jimmy Buffett)
- If Every Day Could be Just Like Christmas
Hmmm….There is so much more I could have added, maybe I should do it by genres? The songs that do not have an artist name, I left blank on purpose. There are so many singers singing them, figured it would depend on who you like the best.
Ok, and one other reason I listen to Christmas music…my neighbors can be rather loud and annoying sometimes(very thin walls). I figured if I can hear them, they probably can hear me, so I put my Christmas music on as loud as possibe(cheap kindle) hoping they get the hint they are being too loud. lol Yes, I am evil. haha
Here is hoping that Every Day can be Like Christmas, at least in our minds. I know, I know, but a gal can dream, can’t she?